Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Pity Party...table of 1.

This is what I feel like...and have been feeling like and will probably continue to feel like. I have been discouraged about fundraising for a few weeks now and it isn't getting any better. People always have an excuse as to why they can't donate, but then I hear/read about them spending money of frivolous crap. The people that have said they were going to support me, spread the word, and ask their friends/family haven't come through one bit. Someone actually even owes me donation money for a product I made that I haven't received and probably won't. I don't want to quit TNT because it is something that means a lot to me, but I'm pretty sure I am going to be giving up my 1/2 marathon. I'm going to try one last effort and see if I can get people to donate things for a yard sale or see if I can get businesses to donate things for a raffle. If those flops too, then I'm not sure what I am going to do other than just sit down and have yet another pity party. I am very sick of trying to do good and nice things and all I get is crapped on. I have a tumor of my own that affects every aspect of my mood, body, life, ect. and I can't even go to the doctor because I go to school full time, have a 3.5 gpa, and don't work. BUT, if I were to not work, not go to school, pop out a few kids, and maybe even handle some illegal things, the government would send me straight to the doctor for free; probably even give me money for food and housing, then I'd really have it made! But no, I am trying to better myself to make a good life and I can't go to the doctor and fix what is wrong with me...and I'm not even raising money for myself to go to the doctor! I'm raising money for OTHER PEOPLE to get the help they need and support their families while they battle cancer. I'm not asking for myself, I'm not being selfish at all...yet people still don't get it. I don't have a ton of resources to exhaust when it comes to raising $; it's limited, but I know there are more people that can give that haven't. I am so beyond discouraged.

No comments:

Post a Comment